Tuesday, July 3, 2007

my last day in vegas, hero cries.

edit: i wrote this at the airport like 3 days ago. my post is casually late as usual


i run good live. i ended up winning a $175 sat yesterday making me 2 for 2 in 1st place out of 10 in those. thats a 1/100 shot assuming no edge for you math wizards. i totally wasnt going to play a sat but this is what happened. I put my name on the 2-5nl list which had like 20 people on it. i go back to check on phil (omgclayaiken) in the 6max tourney for a bit. then i decide to pee and when i come back my name isnt on the list. Usually missing your name being called isnt that bad because it is crossed out and you can tell them to uncross it and you then become next in line. but they erased the entire board so i would have to start from scratch. yea i could have probably talked to her about it but the line was already pretty long.

i decide to check out the sat tourneys because my roi is like 700% in them. (due to awkward chopping, dont ask, sigh) i get to the back end of the long line and ask the guy in front of me if he knows how fast its been moving. he says he doesnt know because he just got there. for some reason thats exactly the answer i expected mostly due to my ignorant question. however i thought there was a small chance he had been in the line at another time of a similar length or something. no dice. at this point i realize this guy looks exactly like scotty from the movie Eurotrip. he face was identical but he was slightly bigger. i run the numbers; the movie is 3 yrs old, plus probably 6 months of editing time,etc. he probably packed on a few pounders since filming 3.5 years ago. i am now 80% confident this is him and look for others in the vicinity to engage in a suckers prop bet with my newfound confidence. no suckers are to be found and it is only me that is left to pursue the journey of discovering the mystery man's true identity. it was then the crazy coincidence of the situation dawned on me. in the past few days, the roommates and I have had at least two full discussions about the movie Eurotrip at our place. now im not exactly sure how a full discussion is different from a standard discussion but let me assure you there was a plethora of content. i finally decide that the odds of me being punked are less than 20% and this is likely the real deal. after a few more minutes of hesitation and awkward gawking at his cheekbones for reassurance, i finally crack:

"have you seen the movie eurotrip?"

"yea.. a few times actually."

"you look just like the star from that movie"

"i am that guy"

Solid. I was overjoyed to speak to my first celebrity yet at this point i realized that I had made a bad choice. the tourny line was long enough, plus i had a flight to catch and wanted to see the fountains at bellagio before i went home. winning a higher buying sat would take awhile. luckily, the lower the buyin, the less chips you get. i figured i needed to play in a smaller buyin $325 and hopefully go busto soon. i get to the front of the line and the guy is giving out tickets for a $175 sat. wtf mate? $175? my brain quickly does the math and realizes that there must be a $1500 tourny coming up because that is roughly the payout for that buying. I fight the movie star for a ticket from the usher and quickly turn it over to reveal a "table 228 seat 5" ticket. lo and behold the movie star shows a "table 228 seat 6" ticket meaning he will have position on me. heavens to murgatroid, im going to get run over by the star of the hit comedy Eurotrip! whatever will i do?

But wait, scotty sucks at poker! i mean i really didnt expect scott (his real name too omg) to be good at poker but its not like he is super rich and has tens of thousands to blow.

2 hands of suckiness:

he raises PF on the cutoff after a limper and gets 3 callers (why are you surprised?) flop is KT3 and he bets 2/3 the pot and folds to a push when he has 2/3 the original pot left behind lol. the other hand he raises to 300 from the hijack with blinds 50/100 and 500 behind. he hadnt been raising lots so i think for about 15 seconds (easy push winner take all, decent fold if you know there is a 3 handed chop) and finally push in the BB with ATs and he folds without much hesitation hahaha lol moviestaraments. naturally I end up shipping the win when I check Q8o in the BB when the SB completes with 6bb. Id push online but I had a good read after several hands HU and felt he was limping a lot of bigger type hands here. Flop is 56Q. I check, he checks. Turn is a 7. I check again for the bluff inducing supertrap, he bets 600 and I push. He insta calls with AQo and I obviously ship the river 4. nh gg wp ldo.

No comments: